Monday, April 22, 2013

It’s a new dawn, a new day and a new week!! For a Monday (and for a morning for that matter), I was feeling unusually good!


Sunrise on the way to work this morning!
Hopefully a sign of things to come this week

#shinebrightlikeadiamond today!

After feeling a little crazy/ overwhelmed last week, I am starting to feel back in control and excited for what the next two weeks will bring. Things are starting to fall into place.
 
For the photo shoot on Saturday, I have my hair, makeup, nail, threading and tanning appointments all booked. And, for the show next, next weekend, I have my hair, makeup, waxing and tanning appointments all booked as well. Yes, it actually takes that much work, and that many people to make me look presentable. In the weeks leading up to a show, things aren’t pretty (again, my poor husband). Preparing for a show is like planning a wedding! There are so many details to coordinate! I still need to figure out the timelines/ schedules for the days of the event, transportation, food options/ menu planning, purchase tickets for the show, pick out outfits and pack up my bag. Seriously, I didn’t put this much time or energy into my own wedding! But, while it is a lot to do (and a lot of expense!), it is all worth it. This is when it starts to all come together. This is when you start to see all the hard work, sacrifice and time and energy invested manifest into what you have been envisioning for months every time you pumped out one more set, or said no to a dinner invite, or passed out on the couch before 10pm. This is the fun part :)
 
A quick weekend wrap up: Sleep ins, protein pancakes, workouts, dinner with (both sets) of parents (and when I say dinner, I mean, I brought my own Tupperware filled with clean eats- which I eat out of off my grandma’s china), Sunday food prep and quality time with the hubby. What more can a girl ask for?
 
I tried a new protein pancake recipe this weekend. Out of zucchini, I subbed in shredded beets to make a chocolate beet pancake. Here’s the recipe:
  
Chocolate Beet Protein Pancake with Vanilla Icing
 
Ingredients (for 1 large pancake):
 
Pancake:
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 20g chocolate whey protein powder
  • 1 TBSP cocoa (or to taste)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ¼ cup egg whites
  • 50g shredded beets (zapped in the microwave for 45 secs)
  • 2 TBSP skim milk
  • 5g walnut pieces
Icing:
  • 2 TBSP fat free Greek yogurt
  • 7g vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
 
Directions:
  1. Mix the oats, protein powder and cocoa together.
  2. Add in egg whites and milk. Mix well. Add in beets and walnuts.
  3. Pour into a pre-heated, frying pan coated with a non-stick spray. Cook for about 5 minutes, flip, and cook other side for 3 minutes (or until done).
  4. To make the icing, stir together yogurt, protein powder, and coconut oil.
  5. Ice the protein pancake with the icing and serve warm.
 
It was good! A little less sweet, and more “earthy” if you will, than the zucchini pancake, but still delicious- especially with a little prune chia jam on top. It is also carb and protein packed which I needed after a tough shoulder and tri workout!
 





Only 18 days out! The countdown is on!!

XOXO
J

No comments:

Post a Comment